A funeral represents a purposeful opportunity to reflect on the meaning of a life that has been lived and to determine the impact of that meaning for the family and friends. There is no single proper funeral service. It is a time for human sharing in its deepest sense. You and the ones you love are at the very center of the process, and the choices you make will determine its significance for you. As you participate in the planning of the funeral service, you help create a meaningful experience for everyone.
It is the goal of RG & GR Harris Funeral Homes & Cremation Services to help people complete the relationship with the one who has died and to provide a climate that encourages each person to give and receive emotional support. During the funeral service, family and friends have the opportunity to relate to each other at the deepest levels and find mutual strength.
RG & GR Harris is the source of specific knowledge of regional customs and laws regarding funeral practices. We can assist you with any questions and will develop your preferences into specific plans. Beyond this, the funeral director can be a very helpful counselor on the concept of death, the normal process of grieving and the healing that follows.
HOW YOUR FUNERAL DIRECTOR CAN SERVE YOU
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, RG & GR Harris is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director's main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services funeral directors provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
You may also find the following resources helpful. Please click on the link below to access them.
» View a copy of our General Price List
For more information about our Professional Services, please contact us by e-mail or call at (313) 521-3131. We're here to help.