Bereavement Travel Assistance
A funeral or memorial service gives family and friends time to support each other, to share memories and to celebrate a life lived. Our Bereavement Travel Program is offered throughout the United States and Canada.
The Benefits include:
- Four members of the immediate family of the deceased are eligible to receive special savings on airfares offered through the Bereavement Travel Program to travel to attend a funeral, memorial or graveside service.
- Significant savings on airline travel across the United States and to and from international destinations including Canada. These savings may be lower that the standard airline "bereavement" travel fares and have fewer restrictions.
- Assistance from professional travel agents who can help you to make travel arrangements. This service is available seven days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. A nominal service fee will be charged.
- All airfares ticketed qualify for frequent flyer program benefits.
In order to take advantage of the discounted airfares offered through the Bereavement Travel Program, you must make your arrangements through the Dignity Memorial Travel Desk. You will need to tell the travel agent that you are using the Dignity Memorial Bereavement Travel Program benefit and provide them with the following information:
- R.G. & G.R. Harris Funeral Home
- The reference number of A1068
- Name of Deceased
- Credit Card Information
The phone number to call is 1-800-224-4177
The above information will also be provided to you at the time you make your loved one's arrangements. You can then share this information with your family and friends who will be traveling to attend the service.